Mardi Gras festivals planned in Gaslamp, Hillcrest
Tens of thousands of revelers were expected to pack downtown San Diego’s Gaslamp Quarter Tuesday night for the annual “Mardi Gras in the Gaslamp” festival.
The 21-and-up party will feature go-go dancers, disc jockeys, floats, food, drinks and two masquerade parades, beginning at 7:30 and 10 p.m. The party lasts from 6 p.m. to midnight.
The cast of the upcoming film “Hot Tub Time Machine,” starring John Cusack, will serve as grand marshals, according to the Gaslamp Quarter Association.
The Hillcrest Business Association scheduled another Mardi Gras party to begin at 6 p.m. on University Avenue, between First and Fourth avenues in Hillcrest. The Hillcrest celebration will feature rides, games, music, a laser show, cocktails and people dressed in colorful attire as they distribute beads.
Tickets for both events start at $15 each.
- GQA encourages revelers to celebrate Mardi Gras responsibly
- Locals celebrate St. Patrick’s Day
- Library open house is cause for celebration
- Party to celebrate Chargers’ 50th anniversary set for tonight
- Padres open season against rivals
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=5007