John Trombold, MD, was honored with a Lifetime Achievement Award during Scripps Memorial Hospital La Jolla and Scripps Health Foundation’s 10th Annual Friends of the Hospital luncheon Jan. 28. The award recognizes Dr. Trombold’s “tireless commitment to exceptional patient care.” In 1976, Dr. Trombold helped establish Scripps Cancer Center, Stevens Division, for cancer patients at Scripps Memorial Hospital La Jolla. He also works “diligently behind-the-scenes” as an avid fundraiser for the Cancer Center. He spearheaded, among other initiatives, the annual Spinoff auction, which has raised millions of dollars since its inception.
- More than $1 million raised for Scripps Cancer Center
- Candlelight Ball benefits Scripps Memorial Hospital
- Scripps physician, researcher dies
- Gala nets $2 million for hospital
- 80th Candlelight Ball glows brightly
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=5713