Woman killed in morning crash on I-5 identified
A 65-year-old woman was killed Tuesday when her sport utility vehicle, clipped by a taxi, crashed on Interstate 5 in the East Village, authorities said.
Phyllis Kirk of San Diego lost control of her southbound 2000 Chevrolet Blazer when the cab struck its back end near B Street about 7:45 a.m., according to the California Highway Patrol.
The SUV overturned, rolled over several times and came to rest upside-down in the roadway, CHP public affairs Officer Ray Scheidnes said. Kirk died at the scene.
The cab driver, 47-year-old Andai Ogbagebri of San Diego, was uninjured.
The CHP closed the southbound side of the freeway in the area to allow for investigations and cleanup, diverting traffic onto nearby State Route 94, Scheidnes said.
All lanes were open again by 10:30 a.m., the Highway Patrol reported.
- Name of woman killed in Torrey Highlands crash released
- TPHS student killed in crash identified
- Arraignment for alleged crash suspect; pregnant woman killed
- Teen killed in rollover crash in Fairbanks Ranch
- Encinitas man killed in head-on with big rig
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=8019