North Shore Softball celebrates opening night
Twenty-eight teams from the North Shore Girls Softball League (NSGSL) gathered at the Carmel Valley Recreation Center on the evening of Feb. 19. Following a parade of teams, the president of the league, Mary Betinis, officially declared the 2010 season open. Also on hand was pitching coach Kelly Balmworth, who encouraged the girls to “play for the moment, support your teammates, and never stop learning something new about the game of softball.” NSGSL is a nonprofit organization providing recreational softball to girls, ages 5-14, in the communities of Carmel Valley, Del Mar, Solana Beach, Torrey Hills, Fairbanks Ranch and Rancho Santa Fe.
- North Shore team ninth at nationals
- 14-under North Shore girls play for title
- North Shore 12 Gold team captures district championship
- Carmel Valley Stingrays strong in championship game
- Miracle League season-opening event a hit
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=5415