Vessel carrying 2,450 lbs. of marijuana crashes
A pot-laden panga crashed on Santa Rosa Island off the Santa Barbara coast, and four Mexicans who had been aboard the vessel were arrested, federal agents in San Diego said Tuesday.
About 2,450 pounds of pot was seized, according to a federal agents, who said a U.S. Navy crew in a helicopter reported the northbound panga 46 miles west of Point Loma on the night of March 4, according to federal agents.
Helicopter crews sent in search of the boat found its wreckage Saturday on Santa Rosa Island, which is about 35 miles from Santa Barbara, agents said.
The four men arrested are expected to be brought before a federal magistrate.
- Vessel carrying 22 illegal immigrants intercepted
- Abandoned vessel found on Torrey Pines State Beach
- 20 Mexican nationals arrested on Carlsbad beach
- Coast Guard apprehends 24 in boat off Point Loma
- 20 arrested when boat comes ashore in Leucadia
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=7788