Sockers win PASL-Pro Championship in thriller final
The San Diego Sockers were crowned PASL-Pro champions on Saturday after defeating La Raza de Guadalajara 9-8 in front if their home crowd at the Del Mar Arena.
After taking a 6-1 lead early in the second quarter, the Sockers withstood a late rally by the visitors who pulled within one goal with less than four minutes to play. San Diego goalkeeper Riley Swift was named Most Valuable Player for his performance during the 2009-10 playoffs.
Sockers star Kraig Chiles led the team with three goals in the game finishing the season with 39 goals to lead the entire league. This marks San Diego’s 11th professional indoor soccer championship.
— Hector Trujillo
- Sockers remain unbeaten after Dynamite blowout
- Sockers mark their return with impressive win at home
- Sockers wrap up Western Division after blowout win against TJ
- Sockers preview season to come with exhibition win
- Sockers wrap up division during weekend home stand
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=6824