Helicopter used to search for Solana Beach girl who is found safe
A police helicopter hovered over Solana Beach for about 40 minutes around 9 p.m. Monday in search of an 11-year-old girl who ran from her home.
A patron at a local restaurant ultimately spotted the girl, who ran from home after what an Encinitas Sherriff’s department spokesman called “psychological issues” with her family.
According to an e-mail sent to the Del Mar Times, the helicopter was making announcements over a loudspeaker, telling residents to be on the lookout. The girl was taken home without further incident.
- Civilian helicopter crash lands near Swami’s Beach
- Sheriff’s helicopter to get $1.1 million refurbishment
- Emergency helicopter landing occurred during training flight
- SDG&E found negligent in helicopter crash
- January crimes/arrests in Solana Beach
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=4159