Girl found after copter search in Solana Beach
A police helicopter hovered over Solana Beach for about 40 minutes around 9 p.m. Monday in search of an 11-year-old girl who ran from her home.
A patron at a local restaurant ultimately spotted the girl, who ran from home after what an Encinitas Sherriff’s department spokesman called “psychological issues” with her family.
According to an e-mail sent to the Del Mar Times, the helicopter was making announcements over a loudspeaker, telling residents to be on the lookout. The girl was taken home without further incident.
- Helicopter used to search for Solana Beach girl who is found safe
- Search on for nine missing after Marine copter, C-130 crash
- Supervisors agree to pick up tab on ‘Incredible Hulk’ copter
- January crimes/arrests in Solana Beach
- San Diego girl, 5, dies from H1N1
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=3961