Coast Guard calls off search from missing swimmer at Torrey Pines
The U.S. Coast Guard on Sunday suspended a search for a swimmer who went missing off Torrey Pines State Beach.
Witnesses reported seeing the man and a 19-year-old woman struggling in
the water just before 6:30 p.m. Saturday, authorities said.
A park ranger and state lifeguard found the woman and gave her CPR before she was sent to Scripps Memorial Hospital. Her 21-year-old companion was not found.
The Coast Guard deployed a helicopter and surface vessel to the area
around 7 a.m. but their search was called off in the afternoon.
Lifeguards from San Diego and Del Mar also participated in the search,
and a San Diego police helicopter also flew over the area
- Search on for nine missing after Marine copter, C-130 crash
- Coast Guard warns boaters
- Coast Guard apprehends 24 in boat off Point Loma
- Dive teams search Lake Hodges in search for missing Poway teen
- Man injured when car plunges off N. Torrey Pines
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=2640