01 bank robberies reported in 2009, down from 2008
There were 101 bank robberies in San Diego County in 2009, 39 percent less than 2008, the FBI reported Tuesday.
Cumulative losses for bank heists last year reached $602,085 stolen in the 2009 robberies, compared to $1,613,357 in the 165 robberies in 2008, according to the FBI.
It is unclear why bank robberies in San Diego County declined in 2009,FBI spokesman Darrell Foxworth said.
- Dip in violent crime in county reported
- SD National Bank absorbed by U.S. Bank after feds step in
- ‘Graybeard’ bandit strikes RSF bank
- Police seek help in finding gray-bearded bank robber
- Geezer Bandit hits SD National Bank; FBI releases images
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=1646