Food distribution center will be created using stimulus funds
A food distribution center will be established by the San Diego County Health and Human Services Agency with $16.1 million in stimulus funds, Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger announced Tuesday.
The center will link food demand to supply and increase access to healthy foods, especially in high-need areas, Schwarzenegger said.
Funding for the center is part of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Service’s Communities Putting Prevention to Work initiative, a comprehensive prevention and wellness initiative funded under the Recovery Act.
- County will get $16M to promote nutrition and fitness
- SD’s biotech industry to get stimulus funds
- State seeks stimulus funds for bullet train
- Federal stimulus funds boost NOAA projects
- Cities consider how to use stimulus funds
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=3761