Motorist dies after pulling over on SR56 median
A motorist who apparently suffered a medical emergency while driving on State Route 56 in Carmel Valley Monday pulled over in a center divider and died, authorities reported.
The vehicle veered from the right-hand side of the freeway to the median strip near Carmel Creek Road and stopped shortly after 3:30 p.m., according to the California Highway Patrol.
CHP officers found the motorist slumped over the steering wheel, unresponsive. Medics pronounced the driver dead at the scene.
The fatality apparently was due to a medical problem of some sort, according to the Highway Patrol. No collisions were reported.
- Passenger killed, motorist hospitalized after Mira Mesa rollover
- Man dies installing skylights
- Man dies in fall from Black’s Beach cliff
- High-speed chase ends in Encinitas
- Reports of roadway problems down from last year
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=5194