Suspected smugglers’ boat washes ashore at Torrey Pines
A boat believed to have been used to smuggle illegal immigrants into the United States washed ashore in Torrey Pines early Wednesday, authorities said.
The boat washed ashore at the state beach around midnight, according to San Diego Lifeguard Services.
The boat washed ashore at Torrey Pines State Beach around midnight, according to San Diego Lifeguard Services.
A witness said that up to 10 people jumped or were thrown off the boat when it capsized near the shoreline and that they got away. Lifeguard Services said the U.S. Border Patrol was investigating.
- Suspected smuggling boat found near Torrey Pines golf Course
- 20 arrested when boat comes ashore in Leucadia
- Explosive washes ashore in Solana Beach
- Boat found off Torrey Pines with undocumented immigrants
- One dead, several injured when boat flips in Torrey Pines surf
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=7210