Controlled burn planned at Miramar on Saturday
People in the vicinity of Marine Corps Air Station Miramar may see smoke and flames from the direction of the base Saturday as military emergency-services crews conduct a routine controlled burn.
The training session is scheduled to begin about 9 a.m. and last for roughly four hours, according to the USMC station’s public affairs office.
The prescribed fire on the northern San Diego base’s airfield is not expected to cause any visibility problems for motorists, base officials said.
- Prescribed burn takes place near Miramar
- Miramar issues noise warning
- Marines’ and sailors’ expected return to Miramar delayed
- Controlled burn set for Friday
- Camp Pendleton issues noise alert
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=2755