Canyon Crest Academy Rubik’s Cube team wins
Canyon Crest Academy’s Cube Club took first place in the Rubik’s Cube competition for San Diego County high schools on March 25 at UCSD.
The team brought home a $1,000 prize for the school’s math and science programs. The CCA team collectively solved 25 cubes for the fastest time at 3:30.96. The team competed against 13 Division II high schools in the county.
On March 27, the CCA team sent eight players to solve 25 cubes during the final tournament held at PETCO Park as part of the San Diego Science Festival. They scored a 3:44.8 time and won by 16 seconds.
The CCA Cube Club was created this year by Garrett Peterson and Chase Morrin. They meet during lunch and teach other students how to solve the cube. Club advisers John Danssaert, who teaches physics, and math teacher Brian Shay support the team. Along with Garrett and Chase, student club members include Hunter Barrera, Leon Zhou, David Ding, Dennis Shen, Anthony Okman, Ben Houston, Mathew Clark and Quan Tram.
- Canyon Crest Academy roller hockey team wins title
- Canyon Crest Academy wins Coronado Islanders Tournament Gold
- Canyon Crest Academy students place eighth in national math competition
- Canyon Crest Academy athletes honored
- Canyon Crest Academy volleyball players honored
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=2283