Marines, sailors to return to Miramar Tuesday
More than 10 aircraft and about 120 Marines and sailors based at Marine Corps Air Station Miramar are scheduled to return home Tuesday from a seven-month deployment.
The returning troops are part of the 3rd Marine Aircraft Wing and have been deployed aboard the USS Bonhomme Richard, according to Miramar’s public affairs office.
The Bonhomme Richard — an amphibious assault ship — left San Diego in September bound for the Western Pacific and Middle East. In addition to the troops from Miramar, the ship carried about 2,100 from the 11th Marine Expeditionary Unit based at Camp Pendleton.
The Bonhomme Richard is scheduled to arrive in San Diego Wednesday and dock alongside the amphibious transport dock USS Cleveland and the dock landing ship USS Rushmore.
- Marines’ and sailors’ expected return to Miramar delayed
- Four Camp Pendleton Marines died in combat this week
- Chargers welcome returning Marines, sailors
- Four Camp Penleton-based Marines killed in Afghanistan
- Controlled burn planned at Miramar on Saturday
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=5018