Replica of Vietnam vets memorial heading to Oceanside
A motorcycle procession from San Diego to Oceanside was expected to escort a big rig carrying a replica of the Vietnam War Memorial today.
The replica of the memorial wall, containing the names 58,261 Americans killed in the war, will be trundled along state Route 163, Interstate 805 and Interstate 5 on its way to Oceanside.
The procession was set to begin at 9 a.m. at San Diego Harley-Davidson in Kearny Mesa and end at the El Corazon Senior Center in Oceanside, where the 80-percent scale replica will be on display Thursday through Sunday.
The four-day display will begin at noon Thursday with an opening ceremony, concert, guest speakers and a church service at the senior center, according to event organizer Rushing Wind Ministries.
Admission is free.
- Solana Beach ceremony, downtown parade highlight Veterans Day
- Memorial for Amber Dubois planned for March 27
- Dan Antoniuk returns to San Diego Sockers after stint in Vietnam
- Free H1N1 vaccinations offered throughout county in coming weeks
- RSF vets recognize those who came before and after
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=6082