UCSD admits 18,334 freshmen for fall quarter
UC San Diego admitted 18,334 freshmen for the upcoming fall quarter, up 3.7 percent from the fall 2009 quarter, the university announced Thursday.
A total of 48,073 freshman applications were received, according to UCSD.
Those admitted had a high school grade-point average of 4.08, and an average SAT score of 639, 684 and 657, respectively, for critical reading, math and writing, according to UCSD.
Only 1,490 of those accepted, or 8.1 percent, are from San Diego and Imperial Counties. Of the rest, 41.2 percent come from Los Angeles, followed by San Francisco at 23.7 percent.
Admitted freshmen have until May 1 to indicate whether they will attend UCSD.
- UCSD receives fewer applicants for fall
- Students returning to UCSD this week
- UCSD to encourage admitted minorities to enroll
- SD foreclosures fall 9.9 percent
- Qualcomm reports strong earnings in first quarter
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=7641