Fishing boat passengers detained at Swami’s
A boat containing eight suspected illegal immigrants came ashore at Swami’s Beach in Encinitas on Thursday, and all aboard were detained by federal authorities.
Seven male and a female were taken into custody about 2 a.m. and turned over to U.S. Border Patrol to verify their citizenship status, according to Border Patrol Agent Jerry Conlin.
At San Onofre State Beach yesterday, at least 23 people who landed in a panga-style fishing boat were taken into custody.
- Boat captured off Encinitas occupied by 17 undocumented immigrants
- Vessel carrying 22 illegal immigrants intercepted
- One dead, several injured when boat flips in Torrey Pines surf
- Suspected smuggling boat found near Torrey Pines golf Course
- Suspected smugglers’ boat washes ashore at Torrey Pines
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=3724