Self-defense seminar set
The Torrey Pines High Schools chapter of Dollars for Scholars will host a self-defense seminar on May 6 titled “Survival Under Pressure.”
The fast-moving session, led by Shell Winder, will “highlight secrets that perpetrators don’t want you to know.” It aims to teach simple and practical ways to avoid becoming a victim. The program is geared toward participants who are 12 and older.
Winder is an assault survivor, certified Martial Arts Instructor and third-degree black belt.
The hourlong seminar will take place at 4 p.m. May 6 at Ocean Air Recreation Center, 4770 Fairport Way in Carmel Valley.
The cost is $20, or $35 for a parent/daughter pair. All proceeds support Dollars for Scholars.
Registration forms are available at www.tphs.net under the Arts & Events Calendar. For information, e-mail email@example.com.
- Instructors offer keys to self-defense
- In self-defense: Instructors step up classes, programs to safeguard community
- Official: New rec center hours unrelated to city budget woes
- CV Parks and Recreation likely to weather cuts
- 10-year-old champ taking taekwondo world by storm
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=6668