Gonzalez, Goertz win La Jolla Half Marathon
Sergio Gonzalez ran away with first place in Sunday’s La Jolla Half Marathon, finishing six minutes ahead of his closest competition.
With a time of 1:09:48, he was followed to the finish line by Jeremy Gintoft and Myles Murphy. Kevin Zimmer of Del Mar was fourth.
The women’s race was closer with Jessica Goertz at 1:205:06 fighting off a challenge from Hilary Como, who crossed the line only nine seconds back. Morgan Sjogren finished third and Karla Brammer of La Jolla fourth.
The race, with nearly 6,000 runners in the signature 13.1 mile event and accompanying 5K, was disrupted when two runners suffered heart attacks close to the finish line. At least five others required medical treatment, according to fire-rescue spokesman Maurice Luque.
Condition of those treated was not immediately available.
- Still room for 5K runners, volunteers for La Jolla Half Marathon day
- La Jolla Half Marathon continues to improve
- La Jolla Half Marathon returns for 28th year
- Thousands make half marathon, 5K trek
- Del Mar runner places second in half marathon
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=3991