Mozart concert planned
Mozart’s towering masterpieces “Symphony No. 40″ and “Symphony No. 41″ will frame Alban Berg’s “Violin Concerto” featuring guest violinist Pasha Tseitlin, when La Jolla Symphony & Chorus presents “Mozart and More,” 8 p.m. May 1 and 3 p.m. May 2 at Mandeville Auditorium on the USCD campus.
The concert will begin with Bach’s “Es ist Genug,” conducted by Steven Schick, and this year’s Nee Commission, “In Paradisum” by Benjamin Sabey will be premiered. There will be a pre-concert lecture one–hour before the music starts.
Tickets are $15-$29 at (858) 534-4637 or www.lajollasymphony.com.
- LJ Symphony sets new season
- Wu Man and her Chinese lute to star in concert
- Mainly Mozart’s major donors gather for intimate concert
- Salk readying for concert
- Young musicians thank benefactors with spring concert
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=5205