Movie night raises $4,000 toward cure for cystic fibrosis
The First Annual “Movie Under the Stars,” organized by Torrey Pines High School and Canyon Crest Academy students, raised more than $4,000 for cystic fibrosis research. More than 100 students turned out to watch Disney’s “Up” on Friday, April 30.
As the national sponsor of the nationwide Cystic Fibrosis FF CureFinders school program, BJ’S Restaurants will award each high school $1,000 as well as make a second $1,000 contribution to CF Foundation in the school’s name.
The mission of the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation, a nonprofit donor-supported organization, is to assure the development of the means to cure and control cystic fibrosis.
For information about the local CFF Chapter, contact Maria Olson at email@example.com or (858) 452-2873.
- Coins add up in cystic fibrosis research fundraiser
- Walkers hope to see Great Strides toward a cure
- Bikers gear up for Cystic Fibrosis ride
- Students plan movie for fundraiser
- Cystic Fibrosis Foundation to host festival Aug. 13
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=5201