Quizbowl team places 8th
The UCSD Quizbowl team finished in eighth place at the Academic Competition Federation National Championship in College Park, Md., in mid-April.
Team members included Torrey Pines High School alumnus Auroni Gupta and Vivek Bhave. Gupta was the sixth highest scorer in the tournament, averaging 63.85 points per game.
Playing on extremely difficult academic questions that ran the gamut from organic chemistry to world literature, the UCSD team garnered victories over teams from Columbia, UCLA, the University of Virginia, Harvard and the University of Pennsylvania.
- LJ Country Day surf team places at state meet
- Enrollment up in UCSD extended studies programs
- Dons basketball team wins 4 straight games
- L.A. Sparks to play Chinese national team at SDSU arena on Saturday
- Hoopsters try out for San Diego Surf team
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=5933