Street closures for Aflac Iron Girl run announced
The Aflac Iron Girl 10K and 5K run takes place on Saturday from 6 to 9 a.m. in Del Mar and Solana Beach.
The race starts in Del Mar on Via de la Valle and will cross into Solana Beach on N. Highway 101 to Dahlia Street where runners will turn back to eventually finish the race on a short section of the race track.
Northbound Highway 101 will be closed from 6 to 9 a.m. from Via de la Valle to Dahlia Street.
Via de lat Valle will also be closed in both directions between Jimmy Durante and Highway 101. Sheriff’s deputies will be at the corners of Via de la Valle and Solana Circle, as well as Via de la Valle and South Cedros, to direct traffic as needed.
The city of Solana Beach sent out an e-mail message to residents, with the following detour information:
- Traveling northbound on Highway 101: Traffic will be directed north through Solana Beach via S. Sierra from intersection of Via de la Valle at Highway 101 to Dahlia Street.
Traffic lights on Highway 101 may be red-flashing at Dahlia Street at Sheriff’s discretion.
For more information on the race, visit www.aflacirongirl.com.
- July Fourth road closures announced
- Iron Girls show their mettle
- Taste and Art Stroll today, parking, traffic adjustments announced
- Closures along I-15 in Escondido planned for next two months
- Officials mark completion of road project
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=7028