Celebrity chefs’ fab fare raises funds for cancer center
Chefs gathered at the Sheraton San Diego Hotel and Marina on May 15 to cook for a cause — the 29th annual Moores UCSD Cancer Center Celebrity Chefs Cook Gala. The event generated funds for the center’s most urgent needs. The theme, “Epicurean Elegance: Food for the Mind, Body and Spirit,” inspired the town’s top culinary masters who delighted patrons with their specialty dishes. Dinner and dancing followed.
A highlight of the evening was the inaugural Spirit Award presented to the Gildred Family, as well as Anne Otterson and her late husband, Bill, for their generous support of the cancer center. John Mendelsohn, M.D., received a leadership award for his work. 10 News anchor and cancer survivor Bill Griffith emceed the party, which was co-chaired by Marie Kelly and George Karetas.
- ‘Keep On’ concert raises funds for children with cancer
- Celebrity chefs unite for event
- Meet the Chefs of Del Mar event raises nearly $80,000
- Outdoor yoga workshop raises funds for breast cancer
- More than $1 million raised for Scripps Cancer Center
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=2418