Memorial set for Craig Noel
A memorial service honoring Craig Noel, founding director of The Old Globe Theatre, will be held at 7 p.m. May 24 at the Spreckels Organ Pavilion in Balboa Park.
Following the service, a reception will be held on the theater’s Copley Plaza. The service is free. The Globe’s lower courtyard will be named the Craig Noel Garden on the day of the memorial. Both entrances to the garden will bear his name, and a dedication plaque will be located at the main entrance.
Noel died at his home in San Diego of natural causes on April 3 at age 94. During his more than 70-year career at the Globe, Noel directed more than 200 works, produced an additional 270 productions, and created innovative and influential theater programs.
- Old Globe’s Craig Noel, 94, dies of natural causes
- Craig Noel Awards honor 2008′s best stage work
- Memorial set for Rotarian Chuck Ayars
- Craig hopes for sweet victory with Sidney’s Candy
- Jenny Craig finds strength at races
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=5080