Farmers Market gets new manager
Estela Maciel, whose family has been involved with farmers markets since the 1960s, is the new manager of the Del Mar Farmers Market.
Maciel, who took over on March 27, said she would work to ensure that both the vendors and customers feel a sense of belonging each Saturday.
“Our bread and butter is the customers,” she said. “If they’re happy, we’re happy.”
Maciel has been actively recruiting new vendors for the market, which runs Saturdays from 1 to 4 p.m. in the lower parking lot of Del Mar City Hall. She said she went to the farmers market in Fallbrook to find someone to sell succulents.
Maciel said the recession has affected the market in that more people are selling edibles nowadays as opposed to flowers.
“People would rather buy food than flowers,” she said.
The farmers market sells a variety of cheeses, meats, breads, chocolates, fruits, vegetables and ethnic foods as well.
— Jonathan Horn
- Del Mar Farmers Market supports charities
- Farmers Insurance to host PGA at Torrey Pines for four more years
- Farmers steps up to sponsor Torrey Pines PGA tournament
- Garden Del Mar on market for $5.5M
- Joan Tessler is truly following her bliss at the Open Air Market
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=3627