Name of woman struck by train in Carlsbad released
Authorities released the name Wednesday of a 51-year-old woman who was fatally struck by a freight train at a North County rail crossing following an argument with a man at a bar in the area.
The northbound locomotive struck Mary Cole of Oceanside at a rail crossing in the 300 block Carlsbad Village Drive shortly before 11 p.m. Tuesday, according to the county Medical Examiner’s Office.
A deputy at the scene told a freelance cameraman Cole had been in a dispute with someone in a nearby nightspot and that she was jumping on and off the tracks as the train approached.
All warning systems — including bells, flashing lights and crossing arms — were working properly at the time, sheriff’s Sgt. Thomas Yancey said.
The death appeared to have been an accident, not a suicide, according to witnesses.
- Woman dies after being hit by train in Carlsbad
- Man killed when struck by Coaster identified
- Pedestrian struck by Coaster, killed
- Details emerge about Monday’s fatal train incident
- Details emerge about fatal train incident in Del Mar
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=5250