Visitors celebrate Lagoon Day at San Elijo
Hundreds of people, young and old, flocked to the San Elijo Lagoon Nature Center on May 5 to celebrate Lagoon Day.
Visitors were treated to a variety of educational activities including bird scopes with expert birders, craft tables, face painting, live music and booths with information about a variety of local environmental agencies, services and programs. Docents were on hand throughout the day to answer questions about the lagoon’s plants, animals and natural history. The San Elijo Lagoon Conservancy’s “Lagoon Team” was also available with information about the lagoon and to introduce a new outreach trailer and fundraising drive kickoff.
- Scientists, visitors tally lagoon life in BioBlitz
- Conservancy seeks docents for lagoon stewardship
- ‘Birds of a Feather’ flock to support lagoon
- San Elijo Nature Center should serve as inspiration
- Lagoon life to be revealed
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=7811