Walk raises funds for cystic fibrosis
Walkers gathered at Powerhouse Park on Sunday to raise funds for the Great Strides Walk, a benefit for the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation.
Similar events took place throughout San Diego County the same day. The Del Mar fundraiser featured luau and steel drum performances and a chance to win a ride on a rescue boat with the Del Mar Lifeguards.
The Great Strides Walk is the foundation’s largest annual fundraiser. In 2009, nearly $35 million was raised for CF programs.
“Right now, there are over two dozen potential therapies in the drug development pipeline, some of which are targeting the basic defect in CF. These medications are going through the final phases of testing and if they work, they will change the course of this disease forever,” said Maria Olson, executive director of the San Diego Chapter.
For more information, visit www.cff.org.
- Movie night raises $4,000 toward cure for cystic fibrosis
- Coins add up in cystic fibrosis research fundraiser
- Cystic Fibrosis Foundation to host festival Aug. 13
- Event raises funds for Solana Beach’s Junior Lifeguards
- Bikers gear up for Cystic Fibrosis ride
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=7850