Detours on I-15 for construction start tonight
Caltrans plans overnight detours on and off Interstate 15 at Carroll Canyon Road for a week starting Monday night, and will close the Carroll Canyon Road bridge over the freeway for four nights.
The closures, from 11 p.m. to 5 a.m., will allow work crews to remove temporary bridge support beams on the south side of the bridge, as part of the I-15 Express Lanes project, Caltrans officials said.
Motorists traveling south on Monday and Tuesday nights will be directed off the freeway at the Carroll Canyon Road off-ramp and across the intersection to the on-ramp. A similar detour will be in place for northbound motorists on Wednesday and Thursday nights.
The Carroll Canyon Road freeway overpass will be closed Monday through Thursday nights. Caltrans advises that the following detours around the bridge will be in place:
- eastbound traffic on Carroll Canyon Road in Mira Mesa will be directed north on Black Mountain Road, east on Mira Mesa Boulevard and south on Scripps Ranch Boulevard, then back onto Carroll Canyon;
- motorists westbound on Carroll Canyon will detour north on Scripps Ranch Boulevard, west on Mira Mesa Boulevard and south on Black Mountain Road to Carroll Canyon.
As a shortcut, freeway drivers could exit at Mira Mesa Boulevard and go east to Scripps Rancho Boulevard or west to Black Mountain Road, according to Caltrans.
- SR-163/I-15 closes for construction Jan. 14
- Officials announce $181M North County highway project
- More red-light cameras added
- Orange County freeway work could slow San Diego travelers
- Holy Bowl tonight
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=3226