Water main breaks in Torrey Hills, closing intersection
A broken 16-inch water main caused a sinkhole in Torrey Hills early Friday, shutting down an intersection for what could be the rest of the day, police said.
The sinkhole at eastbound Carmel Mountain Road and Vista Sorrento Parkway was reported at 1:46 a.m., said San Diego police Officer Brad Ruff.
The water main broke about 10:20 p.m. Thursday, Ruff said.
- Water main breaks in PB, leaving some without service
- Man jumps off Qualcomm building in apparent suicide
- Boil order in effect after water main break
- Four suspected burglars arrested in Carmel Valley
- Police spend five hours outside DM apartment
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=7872