Art-lovers come out to support work of Surfrider
The 10th annual art gala to benefit Surfrider Foundation — San Diego County Chapter took place May 20 at the Powerhouse Community Center in Del Mar. The oceanfront setting featured an art auction, food and drink, musical entertainment and coastal conservation highlights.
Funds raised during the evening will pay for water-quality testing, education, outreach, beach cleanups, pollution monitoring and advocacy efforts. Tribute was paid to this year’s Clean Water awardees musician Jason Mraz, local business Cali Bamboo and Encinitas Deputy Mayor Maggie Houlihan. Learn more at www.surfridersd.org.
- Art, surfboards auctioned off at Surfrider gala
- Surfrider debuts film about conservation
- Beach water quality testing restored
- County to seek money to track beach water quality
- Work begins on desalination plant
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=1936