Pentagon releases names of three Marines killed in Afghanistan
The Pentagon released the names today of three Camp Pendleton-based Marines who died in combat over the weekend in Afghanistan.
Killed in Helmand Province on Sunday were Sgt. Brandon C. Bury, 26, of Kingwood, Texas; Lance Cpl. Derek Hernandez, 20, of Edinburg, Texas; and Cpl. Donald M. Marler, 22, of St. Louis, Mo., according to the Department of Defense.
They were members of the 3rd Battalion, 1st Marine regiment, 1st Marine Division, I Marine Expeditionary Force.
- Four Camp Penleton-based Marines killed in Afghanistan
- Name of Marine killed in crash released
- Four Camp Pendleton Marines died in combat this week
- Nine years after invasion, Marines heading to Afghanistan
- Marines, sailors to return to Miramar Tuesday
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=5643