Libraries to host blood drives
The Solana Beach and Encinitas branches of San Diego County Library are hosting blood drives this summer to help local residents in need.
The libraries are teaming up with the Red Cross to offer the drives, which will take place from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. June 29 at the Solana Beach branch, 157 Stevens Ave., and from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. July 28 at the Encinitas branch, 540 Cornish Drive, Encinitas.
The drive taking place at the Solana Beach library will be through the bloodmobile, which will be set up in the parking lot. Donors must be at least 17 or older, weigh more than 110 pounds and be in good health. The American Red Cross recommends drinking plenty of water and eating iron-rich foods beforehand, and wearing comfortable fitting clothes.
Contact the Solana Beach branch at (858) 755-1404 or the Encinitas branch at (760) 753-7376.
- Padres, Blood Bank team up
- American Red Cross announces critical blood supply need
- SD Blood Bank offers commemorative Rivers wristbands
- Library friends donate funds
- Worth a Thousand Words: Graphic novels take libraries by storm
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=4747