Earthquakes rattle area south of Palm Springs
A swarm of earthquakes struck in Riverside County Saturday night, some of which were felt in Orange and San Diego counties, but no damage or
injuries were reported.
A magnitude 4.4 earthquake struck just before 8:09 p.m. about 29 miles
south of Palm Springs, 28 miles southwest of Indio and 12 miles southeast of Anza, according to the U.S. Geological Survey.
That was followed about a minute later by a magnitude 4.8 temblor in the
Several aftershocks of magnitude 1.1 to 1.6 followed
- Two earthquakes rattle East County
- Three small earthquakes rattle Baja
- Small quakes rattle area near Calexico
- Two earthquakes strike south of San Diego
- 5.3 quake rattles region, no damage reported in San Diego
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=3408