San Diego regains rank as eighth largest U.S. city
San Diego has regained the title of eighth-largest city in the country, surpassing Dallas in population last year, according to estimates released Tuesday by the U.S. Census Bureau.
As of last July, San Diego was home to 1,306,301 residents, compared to Dallas’ 1,299,543, according to the Census Bureau.
San Diego fell one spot in 2008′s ranking, from eight to ninth, behind Dallas.
According to the Census Bureau, New York City had the nation’s largest population in July 2009 with 8,391,881 residents.
In second place was Los Angeles with 3,831,868 residents; followed by Chicago, 2,851,268; Houston, 2,257,926; Phoenix, 1,601,587; Philadelphia, 1,547,297; San Antonio, 1,373,668; San Diego, 1,306,301; Dallas, 1,299,543; and San Jose, 964,695.
- About 5,000 census workers will be out in coming months
- Chargers announce preseason schedule
- Poverty in San Diego hit 50-year high in 2008
- Southern Californians Urged to Join Largest Earthquake Drill in U.S. History
- Fish & Richardson ranked largest IP firm
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=6393