Shaun Phillips to sell peanut butter to raise funds for kids
San Diego Chargers linebacker Shaun Phillips announced on Twitter Tuesday that he would be selling organic peanut butter online to raise funds for after-school programs across the country.
A 16-ounce jar of the peanut butter, called NuttZo, sells for $13, and $5 will go to After-School All-Stars, a nonprofit serving nearly 80,000 children nationwide, according to the linebacker.
Phillips planned to kickoff the initiative by helping students from Montgomery Middle School make peanut butter and jelly sandwiches for the San Diego Rescue Mission, a homeless shelter.
Phillips is using OpenSky, a Web site that hosts multiple retailers.
- Shaun Phillips gives $7,000 to After-School All-Stars for 7 sacks
- Students, families walk to raise funds
- Students raise funds for Cambodian school
- Lawrence Phillips sentenced to 31 years
- Latino women raise funds for neonatal care
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=6718