Lions perform more than 100 health checks
The newly chartered Del Sol Lions club partnered with the San Diego Executives and the Imperial Valley Lions Clubs to perform more than 100 health checks at the two-day Fiesta del Sol celebration in Solana Beach.
Complimentary health services included blood pressure checks, diabetes screening and glaucoma screening. Of those people screened, three were determined to have been in the first stage of hypertension and three others were demonstrating a higher-than-normal diabetes test and therefore required to follow up with a physician.
One person was determined to have glaucoma and needed immediate follow-up with a professional.
- Lions Club forms Del Mar/Solana Beach chapter
- Community View: Tackle chronic disease to control health care costs
- Lions help in quake relief effort
- Del Mar Kiwanis Club presents three checks
- Health insurance help for unemployed San Diegans
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=4783