Surfrider plans anti-plastics day
On June 30, the Surfrider Foundation is hosting the first Rise Above Plastics Day and invites all of San Diego to participate by pledging to utilize reusable bags and bottles. Surfrider is also organizing rallies in Ocean Beach and Cardiff.
Rise Above Plastics Day aims to raise awareness about the issues associated with single-use plastics such as plastic bags and plastic water bottles.
Rise Above Plastics Day is held the week before July Fourth as a reminder for beachgoers to take less to the beach with them — especially avoiding styrofoam coolers, plastic water bottles and plastic bags. Rallies are also planned.
For more information, visit www.surfriderSD.org.
- Report released about most common beach pollutants
- Philanthropy Spotlight: Surfrider Foundation
- Art, surfboards auctioned off at Surfrider gala
- Surfrider debuts film about conservation
- Art-lovers come out to support work of Surfrider
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=7180