Surfers find drowned man off Pacific Beach
A man who apparently drowned was found by surfers Friday in the waters off Pacific Beach, police said.
The surfers pulled the man’s body to shore and attempted to revive him with CPR about 6:40 a.m., San Diego police Capt. Christopher Ball said.
Paramedics arrived a few minutes later and determined that it was too late, he said, adding that the body may have been floating in the water overnight.
The man’s name was not immediately known. He appeared to be in his 60s and was wearing a wet suit, police said.
The wet suit led investigators to believe the man was a surfer but no abandoned surf boards were found in the area, according to police.
- Lifeguards find body on Black’s Beach
- Officials identify man found on Black’s Beach
- Arraignment set in 20-year-old Pacific Beach murder
- Storm clearing out; warning issued for surfers, swimmers on runoff
- ‘War Machine’ jailed after bar fight
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=7175