266 motorists stopped in Solana Beach DUI checkpoint
Sheriff’s deputies stopped 266 motorists at an overnight drunken driving checkpoint in Solana Beach, and arrested one driver, authorities said Saturday.
Deputies staffed the checkpoint on Stevens Avenue near San Rodolfo Drive from 8 p.m. Friday to 3 a.m., Sgt. Mark O’Connor said.
A dozen drivers were directed into a secondary inspection area, two were given sobriety tests and one was arrested on suspicion of drunken driving. Deputies also issued eight citations and impounded four vehicles from improperly licensed drivers.
- Solana Beach driver checkpoint set for Friday night
- Locals arrested at DUI checkpoints over weekend
- Sobriety checkpoint set for this evening
- Fewer drunk driving arrests reported
- Intoxicated bus driver arrested in Encinitas
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=1681