Designer named chancellor of art college
Fashion designer Zandra Rhodes (who resides in Del Mar) has been installed as the first chancellor of the University for the Creative Arts (UCA) in the United Kingdom. The British designer was inaugurated during a May 6 ceremony at Banqueting House in London, which included a catwalk show featuring pink-wigged models.
The new chancellor wore a pink-and-green gown which she designed for the ceremony. She has a special relationship with UCA, having attended one of its founder institutions, The Medway College of Design, where her mother also taught.
As chancellor, Rhodes will act as the figurehead for the university, which has campuses in Canterbury, Epsom, Farnham, Maidstone and Rochester. She will preside at its graduation ceremonies and will be the only other person aside from the vice-chancellor with the power to award degrees.
- Zandra Rhodes designs a life in fashion fast lane
- The A-List meets ‘Aida’ at La Jolla Athenaeum
- UC president echoes UCSD chancellor’s efforts on diversity
- Chancellor aims to improve UCSD campus environment
- Local VP named to leadership program
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=3222