3.5 quake hits near Palomar Observatory
A magnitude-3.5 earthquake struck inland North County on Tuesday, according to the U.S. Geological Survey.
The 9:38 a.m. temblor was centered farther north than most of the thousands of other aftershocks from the magnitude-7.2 Easter Sunday earthquake that killed two people in Mexicali and caused more than $100 million damage north of the border, according to USGS data.
The quake was centered about 10 miles east northeast of the Palomar Observatory, 28 miles northeast of Escondido and 49 miles north northeast of San Diego.
- Small quake rattles area near Palomar Observatory
- 3.6 quake rattles ocean floor; 4.0 Easter quake aftershock hits East County
- Small quake hits near Escondido
- 3.3 quake recorded near Calexico
- Quake near Tecate felt in San Diego
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=1688