More than 700 customers still without power in Solana Beach
About 730 San Diego Gas & Electric customers were without power early Wednesday for more than five hours after a work crew accidentally ruptured an underground electrical line while digging in a North County neighborhood Tuesday afternoon, initially knocking out power to about 2,200 homes and businesses.
The construction accident near the intersection of Stevens Avenue and Genevieve Street in Solana Beach was reported about 12:45 p.m. Tuesday, according to SDG&E.
The resulting blackout affected addresses from the ocean shoreline to Interstate 5, and between Via de la Valle to the south and San Elijo Lagoon to the north, SDG&E spokeswoman April Sharp said.
By late Tuesday afternoon, power had been restored to all but about 730 customers. Those 730 addresses were back on line by 5:30 a.m. today, SDG&E reported on its website.
Contractors can avoid such mishaps by calling an underground-utilities hotline that provides information about the location of buried equipment, Sharp said. The number for the service is 811.
- Power outage affects Sorrento area customers
- SDG&E asked to cut power to 250,000 customers for 1 hour
- Power demand, accident lead to power outages
- Power nearly restored to all customers after outage
- Carlsbad, La Costa homes lose power
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=5177