Surf shop Envirosurfer aids cleanup
Envirosurfer, an online eco-friendly surf shop, will donate 5 percent of July sales to the Nature Conservancy’s Fund for Gulf Coast Restoration to support its ocean cleanup initiative. With the largest oil spill in U.S. history still spilling into the ocean, Envirosurfer is one of many companies lending support to the cleanup efforts.
In 2009, San Diego County surfer Brandon Moyles founded Envirosurfer after realizing the need for the surf industry to reduce its reliance on petroleum-based surf products.
For more information, go to www.greensurfshop.com, or for more information about the Nature Conservancy’s Gulf restoration project, go to www.nature.org/wherewework/northamerica/gulfofmexico.
- Private sector aids in coastal cleanup
- What Smells Like Wet Dogs and Surf Wax?
- Big surf advisory in effect until Monday afternoon
- Cool canines ruled at Surf Dog Surf-a-Thon
- ‘Cabo and Coral’ reveal secret surf spot
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=7168