Customers in Carlsbad lose power Sunday
A power outage cut electricity to more than 4,000 customers near the La Costa Resort and Spa on Sunday, and an unrelated smaller outage hit Vista, according to San Diego Gas & Electric.
The outage began just after noon near Alga and Alicante roads, and was most likely caused by a problem in underground electrical equipment, said SDGE’s Art Larson.
Initially, 4,152 customers lost power, but electricity was restored to all but 11 in a little over an hour, Larson said.
He said a second outage started around the same time in Vista, in the area around Vale View Drive south of state Route 78.
It was unknown what caused the Vista outage, which left 250 customers without electricity, he said.
- Carlsbad, La Costa homes lose power
- Power nearly restored to all customers after outage
- SDG&E asked to cut power to 250,000 customers for 1 hour
- Power demand, accident lead to power outages
- Power outage affects Sorrento area customers
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=2937