Derby history celebrated at Solana Beach library event
In celebration of the opening day at the Del Mar racetrack, the Friends of the Solana Beach Library will present “Friends Night Out, Run for the Roses: The History and Traditions of the Kentucky Derby,” at 6:30 p.m. July 21 in the Solana Beach Library, 157 Stevens Ave.
Singer/storyteller Ross Moore, a former educator at the Kentucky Derby Museum, will share stories about the beginnings of the Derby and how it became America’s greatest horse race. He will also discuss all its great traditions. The event is free. For more details, call (858) 755-1404.
- Thoroughbred racing educator shares knowledge with ‘Friends’
- Restaurant owners dream of Derby
- Solana Beach library mosaic unveiled
- Library friends donate funds
- ‘Lucky’ at last; wins Preakness
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=3215