Smashburger to open Del Mar location on Aug. 4
Smashburger is in preparing to open its second San Deigo County location in the Del Mar Plaza on Wednesday, Aug. 4.
This is the second of seven San Diego Smashburgers slated to open over the next year. San Diego’s first Smashburger store is located at 1000 Prospect Street in La Jolla.
San Diego Smashburgers will feature a regional menu. The San Diego regional menu includes:
- The signature San Diego Smashburger featuring fresh avocado, fresh cilantro and onions, pepper jack cheese, lettuce, tomato, sour cream and chipotle mayo on a torta roll, served with a wedge of lime.
- The Pacific Coast Wedge salad featuring a large wedge of crisp lettuce, topped with grilled chicken, fresh cilantro and onions, fresh diced tomatoes and grated cheddar cheese, with spicy chipotle dressing, served with a wedge of lime.
- Regional microbrews from San Diego-based breweries and wine from California-based wineries.
Named for the cooking method used to create the perfect burger, Smashburgers are a one-third or half-pound ball of 100-percent—fresh, not frozen, Certified Angus Beef smashed on a flat grill to sear in the juicy flavor. To further the “better burger” experience, Smashburgers are served on a toasted artisan bun and topped with a selection of real cheeses, the freshest produce, and top-quality condiments.
“We’re elated that San Diegans have embraced the Smashburger brand,” Smashburger founder Tom Ryan said. “We look forward to continuing our mission of becoming San Diego’s favorite place for burgers.”
“We’re humbled by the warm welcome we received in our first San Diego location,” said David Whisenhunt, San Diego franchise co-owner. “We’re excited to bring the quality food, great service and friendly atmosphere this restaurant is synonymous with to Del Mar this summer.”
- Kitchen Shrink: Summer burgers go beyond the beef
- Summer sippers: Mixologists get creative with cocktails
- KITCHEN SHRINK: Racetrack watering holes keep whistles wet
- Kitchen Shrink: Feast on patriotic dishes this holiday weekend
- Ranch’s new location provides extra space
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=6792